While one of a number of our consultants may help you,
the following is an example of the expertise found in our firm:
JOHN S. STURGES
Managing Principal, Siebrand-Wilton Associates
Management and Human Resources consulting: John and his firm help businesses improve performance and profits through executive coaching and counseling; development and implementation of performance management and business process/integration changes; and the design of performance based compensation plans and cost-effective benefits. This includes:
and the Benefits & Compensation Design Group
- Enhancing and facilitating strong leadership through independent executive support and counsel (coaching).
- Assessing and redesigning management cultures and business policies.
- Integrating and re-engineering business practices to align with the firm's mainstream business purposes.
- Aligning pay (gainsharing, incentive, executive compensation, base pay) and benefits (health, life and disability insurance, retirement and capital accumulation programs) with business strategy; and integrating compensation and benefits with business tactics.
- Assessing, planning and implementing the human side of mergers and acquisitions.
- Assessing firms' business ethics and developing new ethical practices to attract quality and profitable business.
- Staffing executives and managers on an interim, project or product cycle basis.
Experience as a Consultant
During his two decades in consulting, John has linked business plans and maturity with need for change, and evaluated organization, processes, management, culture mesh, personnel system equity, liabilities, communications needs, and profit oriented ethical practices. John's also evaluated business unit performance and ways to improve performance and productivity, including business integration and process re-engineering, and performance management. He has led mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning and evolution of business ethics. He has developed and implemented a breadth of compensation programs, including incentive compensation and geographic/industry/specialized market pay. He's designed and installed cost effective benefit plans. His clients include over fifty leading organizations in investments, banking, finance, insurance, office automation, technology, chemicals, cosmetics, retail, architecture, professional services, publishing, communications, advertising, public relations, education, distribution, manufacturing, public utility, and not-fot-profit industries.
Experience in Business
Prior to consulting, John's leadership in four well known U.S. corporations included: Managing Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Senior Vice President and Group Executive-Human Resources, Vice President-Personnel and Administration, and Director of Systems Development for every one of that corporation's lines of businesses. During both ship and shore based assignments as an officer in the U.S. Navy, he led technology units and headed a U.S. command.
John continues to serve on various boards of directors, and has chaired a number of board and management committees.
Education and Professional Information
Educated at Harvard as an economist, he subsequently earned masters (MBA) and doctorate (Ph.D.) degrees (management, business, ethics and counseling), and also earned post-graduate diplomas in finance, banking, information management systems, and law. John was awarded a Fellowship by the American College, and was honored with a degree in employment law.
John has been professionally credentialled as a CMC (Certified Management Consultant, Institute of Management Consultants), PMC (Professional Management Consultant, Consultants Bureau), and SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources, Human Resource Certification Institute).
Professional organizations in which he has been active (for many he's chaired national committees) include:
- Human Resource Planning Society
- Society for Human Resource Management
- World-At-Work (American Compensation Association)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- WEB: A Network of Benefits Professionals
- Institute of Management Consultants.
Return to Siebrand-Wilton Associates services?